Open for prayer & worship
St Michael’s is now open for worship and prayer at the following times:
8am Said Eucharist.
9-10am Open for prayer.
10am Said Eucharist (with organ music).
8.30am Open for prayer.
10am Said Eucharist.
Then open for prayer until 11am.
6pm Open for prayer, finishing with:
7pm Expositon & Benediction of the blessed sacrament.
If you would like to come and pray at a different time or day,
contact Rev’d Peter- 020 8304 1214
Service sheet available here.
Do I need to wear a mask? UPDATED 31st July
The wearing of masks in places of worship is a legal requirement from 8th August 2020
Clearly you will need to take the mask off at the point of communion, and replace it once you have received.
For your health and the health of others:
- Please avoid touching things unnecessarily. You will need to use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the building, before taking communion, and if you use the toilet. Stations with hand sanitiser have been set up.
- We will also need to record your attendance as part of track and trace.
- Communion is bread only, and will be distributed in a different way to ensure as much distancing as possible.
- We still can’t pass the peace, and there will be no teas & coffees
- We need to keep distanced from people from different households, and the chairs have been rearranged to allow for this. If each household sits on the ends of a row we have plenty of room for our usual numbers.
- We can’t sing, although Andrew is able to play the organ at the 10am
- If you are feeling unwell, please don’t come to church, and if you are isolating following medical advice, you really shouldn’t come yet. We will continue to live-stream some services for the foreseeable future for those who are unable to attend, or simply don’t feel comfortable doing so yet
- We’ll be producing a video to explain how the changes will work which will be available on the website soon.
- Upper Wickham Lane
- DA16 3AP